We provide an auto detect/auto send and patient interactive mobile cardiac monitor that transmits ECG data 'near real time' through a BlackBerry Smartphone.
- Using the latest easy to use auto detect/auto send technology, patients are started in their physicians office or are taught to self "hook-up" using video instruction from our website, DVD or on the BlackBerry Smartphone sent directly to them.
What is it?
- This test is best for correlating (or ruling-out) whether an arrhythmia is the cause of symptoms felt by the patient
- Arrhythmia monitoring involves 14 days of ECG diagnostics to monitor transient symptoms
- Extended monitoring provides an excellent diagnostic yield
- ECG rhythm is recorded while symptoms occur (for a direct rhythm symptom correlation); symptom descriptions are sent ‘near real time’ to the cardiac centre with corresponding rhythm strip.
- m-CARDS automatically record Atrial Fibrillation, Bradycardia & Tachycardia, ventricular tachycardia and pauses
- All arrhythmia ECG strips are automatically sent to our cardiac scanning centre
- Longer duration testing is ideal for patients who have suffered from a stroke or TIA of an unknown cause
- All m-Health Solutions Cardiac Technologists are members of the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and the Ontario Society of Cardiology Technologists
- Final reports are read by one of 130 Ontario Cardiologists using the m-CARDS system
Diagnostic Testing Procedure
- Electrodes are placed on the patient’s chest
- The Patient’s doctor provides explanation about the process and procedure for self ‘hook-up’
- Referral form is faxed to our cardiac scanning centre to initiate patient diagnostic service
- Device and BlackBerry Smartphone is delivered conveniently to patient within 24 hours to complete the ‘hook- up’
- Patient education and ‘hook-up’ demonstration is available on our website, on a DVD within the device kit and on the BlackBerry sent to the patient
- There is an 888# for patients to call for assistance or questions (service available in 12 languages)
- Patient’s data is transferred securely to our cardiac scanning centre through ‘auto detect/auto send’ technology
- After diagnosis, the patient is contacted by m-Health Solutions and instructed to return kit to our cardiac scanning centre in a pre-paid envelope
- All patient data is securely stored and able to be recalled for subsequent analysis
- Palpitations (heart fluttering, irregular rhythms, skipped beats)
- Post stroke/TIA
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter
- Shortness of Breath
- Rhythm Assessment
- Chest Pain
- Symptoms on Exertion