We provide an auto detect/ auto send and patient interactive hybrid wireless Event Loop Recorder (ELR) that transmits ECG through a BlackBerry Smartphone.
- Using the latest easy to use auto detect/auto send technology, patients are taught to self “hook-up” using video instruction from our website, DVD or on the BlackBerry Smartphone sent directly to them.
What is it?
- This test is best for correlating (or ruling-out) whether an arrhythmia is the cause of symptoms felt by the patient
- Event-monitoring involves up to 14 days of ECG diagnostics to monitor transient symptoms
- Extended monitoring provides an excellent diagnostic yield
- ECG rhythm is recorded while symptoms occur (for a direct rhythm symptom correlation)
- Event-monitors automatically record Atrial Fibrillation, Bradycardia & Tachycardia
- Event strips are automatically sent to our cardiac scanning centre
Diagnostic Testing Procedure
Electrodes are placed on the patient’s chest
- The Patient’s doctor provides explanation about the process and procedure for self ‘hook-up’
- Referral form is faxed to our cardiac scanning centre to initiate patient diagnostic service
- Device and BlackBerry Smartphone is delivered conveniently to patient within 24 hours to self ‘hook- up’
- Patient education and ‘hook-up’ demonstration is available on our website, on a DVD within the device kit and on the BlackBerry sent to the patient
- Patient’s data is transferred to our cardiac scanning centre through ‘auto detect/auto send’ technology
- Once enough data is received for diagnosis, patient is contacted by us and instructed to return kit to our cardiac scanning centre in a pre-paid envelope
- All patient data is securely stored and able to be recalled for subsequent analysis
- Palpitations (heart fluttering, irregular rhythms, skipped beats)
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter
- Shortness of Breath
- Rhythm Assessment
- Chest Pain
- Symptoms on Exertion